Saturday, January 8, 2011

Blake Lively: Summer, Surf, and Style

What do you get when you mix Blake Lively's California girl beauty, Mario Testino's photography, and the writing skills of Hamish Bowles? A stunning feature in Vogue Magazine. Did you miss it? Well, here is your chance to get into the summer spirit.

To prepare for her upcoming role Blake has been rehearsing with the stunt coordinator from Bond films and gymnastic acrobats from Cirque de Soleil. Blake on the rig used to to film stunts, "[It's] the best workout you can ever do...It's so exhilarating, so thrilling--and nauseating".

Blake on her role in the upcoming Green Lantern film, "All I want is to be a hero for my nephews and nieces...I'm going to be the coolest aunt ever."

Blake went scuba diving in Maldive last year and she said, "It was the most peaceful and tranquil thing...I fell in love with it."

"I love, love, love New York, but it's nice sometimes to have not so much to do--[in New Orleans] there's time to walk through the park and cook."

In between filming Blake enjoys shopping for antiques to decorate her trailer, watching movies like A Streetcar Named Desire, and listening to bluegrass and forties big band music.

Blake always looks amazing. I have to admit that I'm more than a little jealous. Leave any and all thoguhts in the comments below! I love hearing from you. Also, what do you want me to blog about tomorrow?