Friday, January 21, 2011

What To Wear on a Casual Date

Hi, everyone! Yesterday I got a really interesting email. It reads:

"Hey, Lane. I'm Abby from...and yesterday the boy that I have loved for forever finally asked me out. He said that we're going to dinner (maybe Red Robbin or Olive Garden?) and a movie. I'm soooo nervous. Jeez Loueez, my hands are shaking as I write this! And I NEED help!! Can you give me any tips on what to wear? I like to wear browns and blues. (Please no black! That color washes me out!!!) Thanks and peace. Buh, bye.
Oh! And P.S. Can you keep the look kind of casual? I don't want to look overdressed or anything. Thanks! Again bye. -Abby"

This is the first time I've ever recieved an email like this. And there was no way that I couldn't respond! I wish I knew more about Abby, like her age, but I wanted to post this as soon as possible. So I created two looks. I hope they work!


The first look is a bit edgy. Start with your favorite pair of jeans and a simple tank. [a cami underneath might be a good idea]. Then add a chic, oversized cardigan that is perfect for these cold winter months. Add a cute cross-shoulder bag that is large enough to carry all the necessities for the date. I cheated a little. I know you said no black but these studded flats were so chic but if you really hate black that much, wear brown flats. Add simple gold jewelry and the look is complete.


This look is a little sweeter. Start with a simple white summer dress and a warm, chunky grey sweater. If you live in a really cold place, add a pair of tights! I know you like brown so opt for strappy wedges--perfect and comfortable--and a brown belt to cinch in the waist. Add color with a bold bag and complete the look with simple gold earrings.

Feel free to switch cardigans for balzers or jackets. Red cardigans for blue ones. These are just suggestions to keep in mind when choosing your outfit. I made these picks with both comfort and style in mind. I wish you all the luck on your date! Bye. :)