Sunday, June 27, 2010

So Classic. So Timeless.


Summer. Classic. Chic. Fun. Adventure.

This is what I hope my summer is like. :) But I'd also like to look totally chic for summer and I turn to my celebrity inspiration to get ideas. I think I might do a series about summer chic-ness. Hmm...the possibilities.

Anyway, who better to start off a summer of fun and chic-ness (I'm not quite sure if that's a word or not) than Nicole Richie? Her Bohemian style transitions effortlessly into summer. So that's where I'm going to start my inspiration journey. :) Inspiration journey. Wow. That makes this sound like a deep, life changing experience.

Ok. I'll just get to the point of this blog. How to "Dress Like..." Nicole Richie! :)


Balenciaga City Bag in Black



R: Abercrombie & Fitch Nicolette Light Destroy Denim Shorts   
L: Winter Kate Talullah Tank


R: Kathy Rose for Roseark Carved Manta Ray Necklace
L: House of Harlow Gold Tiger's Eye Ring


Tennis summer camp started last week. Oh. My. Goodness. I have never run that much in my life. I don't know why it became super hot as soon as I started playing tennis. And I don't mean like 60-70 degrees. I'm talking like 70-80 degrees hot!

I know some people are thinking, 80 degrees? That's nothing. But I live in the North. The only time it gets hot is in July and August. :) I'm also really red because I wasn't smart enough to reapply my sunscreen. Not very smart...

I'm bummed that the USA is out of the World Cup! :( I can't believe we lost. After we'd come so far! Did anyone see the game against Algeria? Intense. I'm not normally a big soccer fan but it was nice watching soccer.

I don't know if I mentioned this but I planted a garden about a week and a half ago and some of my plants are coming up! I love gardening. It doesn't give me instant gratification but I like being able to see the progress I've made, you know? :)

I'm trying to be a little bit more organic and healthy. Plus, its just cool being able to say that you grow your own strawberries. Did you know there are purple carrots? I had no idea.

Sorry. :) This was a long post. But I feel like I haven't been blogging as often as I should. So I'm making up for it in one kind of long blog. :D Happy summer.