Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Before Twilight

Hola, senoritas! And Senors. :) I hope I didn't spell anything wrong. I'm not taking Spanish so I really don't know what I'm doing but I thought I'd mix up my greetings. :) My friend is trying to teach me Spanish and its going pretty well.

Anyway, I saw that Gina from anything ima[gina]ble did a summer reading list. And I thought I'd do the same thing. :) Here's her post if any of you were interested.

So I've created a Summer Reading List. Its just for fun and it isn't for school or anything. I noticed that I tend to resent or seriously dislike things that I'm forced to do. For example: School. If I couldn't go to school or if it were an option I'm so positive that I would love it. I would be devastated if I couldn't go and get an education.

But...since I have to go to school, I resent that I have to get up every morning at six or six-thirty, depending on if I have any homework I didn't do the night before. Maybe its the whole getting up early that makes me dislike school. Hmm...

But here are the books I plan to read this summer. :)

*Persuasion by Jane Austen
*Private by Kate Brian
*The Host by Stephenie Meyer
*Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare
*Fool For Love by Sam Shepard
*A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway

I think that's enough. Seven books in three months is doable, right? I guess if I don't finish its no big deal. I mean only me and you will ever know. :) I tried to do a balanced list between "classics" and more modern books. If there are any books that I just need to read then write them in the comments.

Over the course of the summer, I will end up reading at least three books that aren't on this list and I think that's okay. :) I mean I found about Twilight series the summer before ninth grade and I loved that book. I could not put it down. Although to be honest I didn't know about the whole Twilight series or the fact that it was a series.
I read New Moon first so maybe that's why that book has a special place in my heart. It came with tattoos and a poster and I remember thinking, "Who is this Edward guy and why would I want a temporary tattoo of his name?"

Hahaha. Good times. :) Well, I want to know if you have a summer reading list? If not, what're you doing this summer? Hitting the beach? Catching up on sleep? I really want to know. :)