Sunday, March 20, 2011

Style Highlights: Carey Mulligan

Carey Mulligan is a prime example of British style at its best. Ever since she came onto the circuit after she starred in An Education and especially since she was featured in Vogue, I have been in love with this girl's style. She is elegant without looking old. She is totally fashion-forward without alienating the main-stream media. There is balance between style and eccentricity, and Carey has mastered that balancing act.

Carey Mulligan in Vionnet gown [left] and Nina Ricci ensemble with YSL pumps[right].

When I first saw this dress, I wasn't in love but like fine wine [or so I'm told] it grew on me. I saw the way the vertical pleating gave the print of the dress a more eye-catching illusion. The golden wedges were a brilliant idea--not too matchy matchy but it complimented the earthy tones of her dress. Her makeup is understated and I'm in love!

Nina Ricci is known for its elegance and sophistication. What better to wear to the Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps premiere? I love the violet color next to her pale skin and light hair color. A simple pencil skirt and patent black pumps keeps the simplicity of the look. So chic.

Carey Mulligan in Preen [left] and a Prada dress with YSL pumps [right].

Carey Mulligan's smile in this picture only makes her look more beautiful. The intriguing detailing and beading on her bodice are stunning. The full A-line skirt compliments the top perfectly, almost falling to the background letting the statement pieces--the top and those ever-so-chic electric blue heels--take center stage.

Carey Mulligan is a very loyal fan of Prada and she always looks stunning. The purple color is much darker than the lilac top above but Carey still looks lovely in this simple-cut mini. She paired this look with the same simple black pumps and cinched her waist with a similarly styled belt. Tre chic! Like my French?

Thanks for reading! I'll be back tomorrow with a slightly different post than usual. I'm really excited about it. Don't forget to follow this blog! Link is to the right.

Photos courtesy of instyle.co.uk