Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Review: Dear John


This weekend I went to go see Dear John. I was sooo excited. I went with my friends May, Maggie, Jenny, and Maddy. I just noticed writing all of their names in a row that I have a lot of friends with 'M' names. Hmmm...weird. :)

Maybe my epectations were unnaturally high but I was disappointed. In the follwing post I may unintentionally write a few spoilers, so I'm going to say it now. These are just my thoughts about the movie. SPOILER ALERT!

If you haven't seen the movie and don't want to know what happens...just don't read any further. Anywho, the trailer, in my opinion, was amazing. They used music to their advantage and this may sound weird...but I got goosebumps one time when I was watching it. I'm still in love with the song, 'Fire to the Third Bar'. Its just so pretty.

But at the movies I was literally quoting the movie with my friend Maggie. It was super funny. Or at least we thought it was. But then the movie came on and I thought there was jsut too much going on. First, there was coins, autism, cancer, love, heartbreak, the military, father-son relations, and it was just too much!

There was this weird part when a movie montage went straight into Amanda's character playing guitar and singing. If you've seen the movie then you probably know what I'm talking about. It was a awkward transition to say the least.

Lastly, what great love story ends in a hug? I don't know. And I was not expecting her to marry Tim. Tim? I didn't see that one coming.

Okay, my rant is over. These are just my opinions and I don't claim to be a movie expert. This was just my thoughts. I really liked the people who played the main characters though. They were really great! I'm not just an annoying blogger who has nothing nice to say. :)

The music from the soundtrack was really great. :) And the setting was stunning! I loved the movie up until the point when John went abroad for the second time. Sigh, I think I just kept comparing Dear John to The Notebook.

Anyway, just finished running. Super tired. I'm currently watching Keeping Up With the Kardashians. This show is hilarious. XD

My mom says that Bruce reminds her of my dad and my sister is just like Khloe. Our life isn't as exciting as theirs but we're funny. At least I think so. :) I'm going to go read Dear John or The Last Song. I haven't decided which one I'll read though.

Peace Out! Please Comment and Follow! :D