Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Introducing Miss Mulligan

Carey Mulligan was recently interviewed for an article in Vogue. In the article I found her charming and humble. I wish the article had been more about her and less about what other people thought of her but it was intriguing to hear the story about how this English Rose has started to blossom.

The photography was amazing. So many Haute Couture gowns. So much drooling on my part.

When asked by her trainer what she wanted to look like she responded, "I don't want to look like an actress; I want to look like a person." Mulligan wearing Dior Haute Couture gown.

"This need to trump everyone bewilders me. I'm only 25. I'm not better than anyone." Mulligan in a Balenciaga gown and necklace [left] and Givenchy Haute Courture tulle dress [right].

"At 25 I shouldn't be doing the easy stuff. In the future, when I have responsibilities and a family, I can do the conventional stuff." Mulligan in Nina Ricci [left] and Dior Haute Couture jacket with Prada pants [right].

"When I was fifteen, I had vivid dreams of acting with Judi Dench...[then on the] first day of Pride and Prejudice, there was Judi Dench." Mulligan wearing Valentino Haute Couture [left] and Haute Couture Chanel [right].

Carey is one of the stars of the new movie, Never Let Go, alongside Keira Knightley [Pirates of the Carribbean] and Andrew Garfield [The Social Network]. If you want to see Carey's red carpet style, click here.

Pictures courtesy of Vogue.