Thursday, December 23, 2010

Alexa Chung's Street Style

Alexa's style is young, funky, and very British. I adore British fashion. :) Just spending the day writing blog posts as I further procrastinate doing my winter break homework. I hate it when teachers do that. But I am determined to finish it all before Christmas. Wish me luck and without further ado, let's get into it.

Alexa Chung in a cream sheath [left] and Louis Vuitton [right].

Alexa looks so sweet in this first look. The simple cream sheath is a minimalistic approach to girly. She picked a dress that is a simple cut and simple shoes. Her hair is pushed back from her face with navy blue headband--the color compliments her skintone beautifully. She completes the look with square-shaped purse. Small enough to hold essentials--keys or makeup
.
This Louis Vuitton look is all about contrast. The tweed contrasts with the military green pockets wich contrast with the deep red oversized purse. All of the colors are in the same color family--dark, warm tones--and the contrast while complimenting each other. That doesn't make much sense does it? But I guess that's what's great about fashion--it doesn't always make sense. :)

Alexa Chung in a yellow romper and military-style jacket [left] and Chanel [right].

Alexa's smart style takes a turn for the tom-boyish. She paired a simple yellow romper with a military-style jacket. The look is cool for hot summer days--don't I wish those were still around. Her shoes are flat--made for comfort--with a ballet-inspired detail around Alexa's ankle. She completes the look whith a simple black quilted across the body bag. This is how to look when spending time in the heat. 

Alexa Chung and Chanel go hand in hand. Isn't that Chanel bag just stunning. I want it in my closet! Alexa appears prim and proper from the waist up with her simple grey jacket and sheer white top but on the bottom Alexa is a little sexier. It is all lace and polka-dot tights. Printer tights are a simple way to make a normal everday look more fashion. 

Speaking of all things British, I'm currently watch Law & Order: UK on OnDemand. :) I'm so excited! I adore crime shows and I just love listening to people with accents--I live in Northern America and there aren't a lot of British people where I live. Although there are quite a few Australians, I'm not quite sure why though. What is your favorite TV show at the moment?