Sunday, October 3, 2010

This is Priceless

Nicole Richie has been making the rounds promoting her new book, Priceless. I actually caught her interview on GMA. Nicole is a style icon. Its seems that no matter what she's doing, she looks effortlessly boho chic. And don't we all remember her in her Simple Life days?
_
That was soooo long ago. My sister loved that show. Now, Nicole has transformed into a classy woman with two children and marraige in the future [maybe?]. She was very coy on GMA. But I learned that Nicole had written a book four years ago.

It's called The Truth About Diamonds: A Novel. I don't remember it coming out. Do you? Maybe I was just in another world at that time. Sometimes that happens. But to celebrate Nicole, I'm doing a post about her style that has filled the pages of countless bloggers. [you guys know its true]



Nicole is just shopping in Beverly Hills. Her street style is simple and very, very bohemian. The floopy hat is so casual compared to her over-the-knee boots and vintage fur vest. She's a master at mixing pieces whether its patterns or textures or...just clothing in general. :)

That pop of red is to die! :) Sigh. I know I sound so stupid but I'm a huge fan of bright, bold pops of colors. Its so simple and red looks so good on brunettes. I don't know why, I'm sure there's some reason, but the contrast between the brown and the red is just amazing. [oh, in case you couldn't guess i have brown hair]



First of all, let me say that those cut out shoes are amazing! How fashion forward, yet entirely wearable. And don't get me wrong I love editorial but ready to wear is my bread and butter. And also only Nicole Richie could pull off tights, denim shorts, a bejewled vest, and Louboutins without looking like a gypsy escapee.

[this is random but everytime i write the word escape, i mentall say "es-caw-pay" like from Finding Nemo. my friend used to do it all the time and now its worn off on me]

I'm off to Florida in a couple days. My school has a break coming up so its the perfect time. I know I might have mentioned this already but I'm planning on pre-writing blogs and then posting them, so if my next couple posts seem weird, or odd, or any other synonym for not normal, then you'll know why.

Umm...is there anything [besides Disney World and Universal Studios] that I should do when I'm down there? Advice is gladly taken.

Check out my Facebook page. There should be a link on the bottom of my left side bar. Please become a fan. I update that more with pictures from my life if you're interested. I haven't updated much lately but I'm tyring to change that. :) Bye!