Monday, September 20, 2010

Black Swan

I'm a big fan of Natalie Portman. I think she travels along her own path and doesn't let other people's opinions stop her from doing something. Case and point: shaving her head for V for Vendetta. That was brave--most girls would never do that--and bold.

But I saw the trailer for her new movie, Black Swan. Oh, it is so creepy looking. Here's the link. [i can't seem to place youtube videos straight into my video. does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?]

The Rodarte designed costumes are sure to be stunning. But its the story of two ballerina dancers who must vie for the lead in Swan Lake. Natalie Portman plays a woman who finds herself discovering her dark side.

This film premiered at the Venice Film Festival and Variety called it, "one of the strongest Venice openers in recent memory".

It looks really good and I'm really curious because I'm wondering, does she turn into a swan? But I don't do well with horror/physchological thrillers...so I don't know. Jeez. Every time I watched the trailer I get shivers.

But I guess that was their intent when they made it. Black Swan is going into a limited release on December 1st. Are you going to go watch it?

Moving onto fashion-related news, on September 21st Burberry's Spring 2011 Collection will be streamed live to 25 locations worldwide and you can purchase items immediately on the i-pad. I know that I don't have the money to buy anything but I'm so excited to see what Christopher Bailey has dreamed up for this season.

Oh, if only tomorrow would get here faster!! What is 4PM London time on the East Coast, like California?

Don't forget to like Viva La Fashion on Facebook and enter my giveaway. Its ending soon!!