Saturday, September 11, 2010

How do you remember?

Good morning everyone. :) First, I'd like to say thank you to everyone who supported, donated, or even just watched Stand Up to Cancer last night. Some of you might already know that my mother battled with cancer a number of years ago and the fight against cancer is very close to my heart.

If you don't know what Stand Up to Cancer is and you'd like to know more you can go to their website or check out the blog post I wrote earlier.

Okay, moving onto another equally somber topic. I normally try to keep my blog fun and upbeat because that's my personality but there are times that I feel that a serious post is necessary. And today's one of those days.

Today is September 11th. And I know that I don't have to explain what that means. I remember the moment that I found out about the twin towers and how little I felt. That was the first time I really realized how one group of people can cause such a huge ripple effect.

I also remember the sense of unity. Everyone didn't care about the silly things, we were all Americans. Even world-wide it seems that there was a sense of unity. Those memories will stay with me forever.

Let's take the time to remember, mourn, and thank the heroes from that day. What do you remember from that day?