Friday, September 4, 2009

Distorted Perception


For the longest time I have heard about this commercial. I've heard my friend speak of it, and she said the change was astounding but up until this week, I'd never seen it before. Let me tell you I was floored. Shocked. And a little...I don't know fascinated.
___
Its the dove commercial. If you haven't seen it click here. This is a link to the Dove, Campaign for Real Beauty website. Really, if you haven't seen it. Go. It will make you think a little more.
____
You see this woman, and at first she's not a beauty but she's not horrifically ugly. She's just a woman you would see on the street. But in less than two minutes you see her transform, or should I say evolve into this woman that is nothing like how she started.
____
This commercial does make you think a little more. Its a little like SuperSize Me but in commercial form. It makes you take a second look and question the world we live in, in a way. I thought it was an interesting commercial and I want to share it with all of you even if you've already seen it.