Thursday, August 12, 2010

That Makes Scents

I'm a self-professed perfume junkie. My parents know that. My sister knows that. A few of my friends are also privy to that information. And I think a few of my readers know that as well.

So, I'm going to do a perfume/body spray collection once I get home but until then I'm going to do a Lust List featuring my favorite scents. I have a lot of them but I did a little editing. [my sister hates it when i use that word. do you guys get annoyed by the word 'editing'?]


First is my love. The love of all loves. Sigh. The one I have been drooling over for forever. Of course I'm talking about Flowerbomb. My love!

If you've ever smelled Flowerbomb, you'll know what I'm talking about. It is like a feast for the senses [or rather just the nose] but I fall in love each time I smell it. It has this sophisticated smell that's surprisingly young and fresh. And that's really hard to do.

Viktor & Rolf [which was launched the year of my birth. fun fact.] have created a scent that will truly last the ages. It is fresh and fun. Plus I love the juxtaposition of masculine [grenade shaped bottle] and ultra feminine [the use of the word, flower, in the name and the sweet scent]. But I feel like I have to say that violence is never the answer.

Moving on, the next two scents are from Burberry. My favorite fashion house of all time. Yes, even more than Chanel. [I think a few of my readers just entered cardiac arrest] But its so classy. So elegant. And hello? Emma Watson is the face of Burberry. What's not to love?


Well, I absolutely adore their scent, Burberry Brit Sheer. [emphasis on sheer] I actually really, really dislike Burberry Brit. To me it smells old and I just don't understand why you would want to put that on your body. But add the Sheer to it and change a few notes and you have an amazing product.

Sadly enough I'll enter a Sephora and imediately go to the scent section, spray a bit of Burberry Brit Sheer on those smell thing papers [obviously i don't know what they're called] and walk around smelling it as I shop. I know, I'm a complete loser.

But I do enjoy my shopping experience more when I'm smelling my favorite scents.


Next, another Burberry scent. Shocker. Shocker. [a little sarcastic] But it's Burberry London. This smell is a lot more sophisticated than the last two. When I smell it I think red-carpet or dinner party. But it isn't matron-ly.

I don't know how to explain it. It's the scent for the girl who has her life figured out. Who knows where she's going with her head held high. I'm not that girl [i have no idea where i'm going] but I want to be. And I think that's what attracted me to the scent.

I'm not great at explaining what something smells like [ex. honey with undertones of lilac and mango] but I can explain how things make me feel. And that's the best I can do.

Oh, is Burberry Sport a good scent? Surprisingly I've never smelled it. What are your favorite scents? Comment! Follow! :)