Friday, August 28, 2009

Fall Shows


I look forward to Fall for two reasons and two reasons only. First, it gives me an excuse to buy more stuff. (fall shopping). Second, the return of prime time television.
___
I will admit that summer programs have gotten better as the years pass. I aboslutely love Secret Life of the American Teenager and Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami. (I still can't believe she's preggers. I always thought she was younger than thirty but back to the topic at hand)
___
I'm sooo excited for Fall shows to premiere. The return of the old, the start of the new, it's all so exciting. This blog is dedicated to the shows I'm so excited for. Eeek! :)
____
NCIS/NCIS: Los Angelos
The original, in my opinion, recieves far less attention than it deserves and I blame this partially on its competion for the Tues. night competetion (American Idol). I mean come on who are these people that still watch this show? I find the entire thing boring but that's just my opinion. Take it or leave it. But I'm so excited for its return and the premiere of its new spin off. Hello LL Cool J! :) (we'll see if you're as good an actor as you are a rapper. )
____
Vampire Diaries
If you don't know by now, I'm telling you today, I am obsessed with Twilight. I love the book (hate the movie & Rob Pattinson for that matter. well I don't hate him, he's just no the Edward I pictured in my mind. :( But for some reason I'm still excited for the New Moon Premiere) but I'm so excited. I'm hoping that this show lives up to my expectations. I've bought all the books and I'm looking forward to reading and reviewing them for you all. I've heard its a good series, so crossies! :)
_____
Ghost Whisperer
I'll be the first one to admit that at times (and those times are numerous) that this show confuses the heck out of me. (In perspective not as much as Lost but its still a trip) But I love the ghosts and Melinda. Sometimes I wish the storylines weren't so predicatble (the ghost is always misunderstood and caring) and i wish that Melinda used her powers to help murder victims and stufff but I don't think I'll get my wish. I'm excited to see the five year jump that's supposed to happen this next season. :)
____
Big Bang Theory/How I Met Your Mother (HIMYM)
I combined these two shows together because they are on the same night on the same station. A lot of people are turned off by The Big Bang Theory because of its title and let me tell you the show has really nothing to due with the whole creation vs. evolution issue. It's just a funny show about geeks living next door to a pretty girl named Penny. I love Sheldon & Leonard! HIMYM is super cute. I love how they have a relatable couple (Lily & Marshall) who seem to have real love yet are still a disfunctional couple. Barney is hilarious with all his shinangins but Ted is the sweatheart of the show. Its dry wit and sense of humor is so entertaining. :)
____
Others Included ( I didn't have space to write a paragraph about all the shows I'm interested in)
  • Metalist
  • CSI
  • Biggest Loser
  • 90210/Gossip Girl
  • Cougar Town
  • Eastwick
  • TBL
  • America's Next Top Model (a little less fake this year, please Tyra?)

What are your favorite shows? Please Comment & Follow!