Sunday, August 30, 2009

Mommywood

I recently got back from my trip to my aunts. A five-hour plane trip is long and I needed something to pass the time. Luckily I'd purchased Tori Spelling's newest book, Mommywood. Although I'll admit that I haven't read her first book, sTori Telling, I adore her show. I think that Liam is so precious and Tori and Dean make a super cute couple.

I haven't seen the last two episodes since I returned but I have plans to spend some quality time with a delicious smoothie, some snacks, and my OnDemand as I try to savor the last few days of freedom before I head back to school.

I purchases this book because on the show we got to see the process behind its publication. [we saw Tori writing, attending the photo for the book's cover, and picking which picture would go on the cover]. I was surprised by how much I loved this book. Tori, the self-titled "Queen of Gays", has a brilliant sense of humor.

Mommywood is basically a documentation of Tori as she takes on the role of mommy in the crazy LA-LA Land. Her feud w/ her mother is well known and Tori reflects on what she loved about her childhood and the things she wanted to change for her children. This is common among parents--who always want to give their children more than they had as a child. But when you're Aaron Spelling's daughter there's not much you didn't have.

Tori never seems to take herself too seriously, which is incredibly refreshing and endearing. She also shares her struggle with being married to Dean--who seems to be perfecting at being a hands on parenting. She also discusses her fears about raising a daughter in the high-pressure world in California.

Her children, Liam and Stella, are beyond adorable! Its a nice read for a relaxing weekend or a long bubble bath. Nothing too serious. But a great chick-lit read.
 
If you've read this book, leave your thoughts int he comments. Don't forget to follow my blog through GFF. Links to right. Thank you for reading and I'll see you guys later!