Thursday, August 20, 2009

Attack of the Plaid!

,

It is official. Plaid is everywhere. And I mean everywhere.
_____
On today's Project Runway special epsiode entitled Project Runway: All Star Challenge I saw plaid in the place I least expected it. Chris made two super cute garmets made of plaid. I was a little surprised because (a) they looked so good and not at all costumey and (b) because they looked so good and it was made out of plaid.
_____
As I've started to buy clothes for Fall, I've noticed all of the plaid. But shifting through plaid garmet after plaid garmet I would have to blind not to have noticed. Plaid skirts, shirts, glasses, pants, vests, dresses, belts, jackets, etc. etc. I can only imagine what schools will look like in the fall...what a nightmare.

Where did this sudden obsession with this pattern begin? I remember when plaid was only worn by cowboys or my Uncle Carlton. But now its worn by everyone. And I know that I might sound like a plaid hater but I don't. I think if worn right like Nikki, Jessica, and Lauren. So chic.

But there are many, and I mean many ways to end up looking like a Scottish impersonator. See picture to the left. hmmmm....not the look I'm assuming most of you ladies are going for. _____
_____
I will admit that I have plaid shirts. Yes, I too don't know why I'm so attracted to the pattern but I find myself drawn to its acclectic colored lines and patches. I'm not sure I will ever figure out what about plaid makes it so hot at the moment. But I will wear my pink plaid top, destressed jeans, & wayfarer sunglass with confidence and smile at all the other girls who seemed to be dressed exactly like me.
________
It's seen on the runway, celebrties, and just normal girlies like me. If you haven't done so yet, jump on board, before plaid becomes a long forgotten memory except in the closets of the Scottish, the cowboys, and good ole Uncle Carl. :)