Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"Who Says" by Selena Gomez & The Scene

I have been listening to this song non-stop on iTunes. I have become obsessed! It has such a great message for girls and woman. Listening to this song makes me realize what music is really about. It isn't about girls dancing around in skimpy clothing and complicated dance moves. As much as I love these types songs--they're great work outs song and they can get me pumped--they don't make me think or feel something deeper than excitement.

"Who Says" is a song that doesn't need to hind behind shock and awe factors to make an impact on its audience. I'm also quiet impressed that this is coming from Selena Gomez, when so many of her other Disney co-stars have gotten in trouble with nudity and drugs, she seems to have a good head on her shoulders. I might be speaking too soon. But I'm impressed that she doesn't need shock and awe celebrity tactics to sustain a successful career.

I really liked Selena before listening to this song but I'm an even bigger fan. I'm also really excited about her new movie coming out this summer, Monte Carlo. Click here for the trailer. Thank you for reading and please enjoy some truly inspiring music brought to you by Selena Gomez & the Scene.


Photos courtesy of weheatit.com