Sunday, December 6, 2009

Love is the Music



I am a firm believer that music transforms a mood. I am also a hopeful wisher, waiting for the day when music will play in the backgroud of my life. But I don't think that that will happen any time soon.

I just recently watched He's Just Not That Into You and suddenly I was in the mood for romance. It's not February yet but I thought I'd do a post about the songs that are currently being played over and over again on my iTunes. :)

Somehwere Only We Know
This song immeadiately transports me to the scene where Alex finally confesses his love for GiGi. It's one of the cutest scenes in He's Just Not That Into You. I'm sorry if this is a spoiler for you but it's a romantic/comedy/dramatic movie, there was bound to be a happy ending somewhere. But I love this song. I can't say enough how much I love it! :D

Love, Save the Empty
This song isn't romantic in the sense that it talks about happy endings or anything but it was on the He's Just Not That Into Soundtrack. *shrug* What can I say? It talks about failed relationships and that's my romantic connection. It's a great song. :)

Friday, I'm in Love
Ok, it's my last song from the He's Just Not That Into You Soundtrack. But in my defense I knew about this song long before that movie came out. Its just a fun song to listen to and isn't a very serious song with a much deeper meaning (or at least none that I know of. Maybe its so deep I just don't get it. Hmmmm....) But who doesn't love a good The Cure song?

Love Remains the Same
Who knew that Gavin Rossdale minus Bush would be so entertaining? Ok, I'll admit that I was rooting for Gavin but I wasn't expecting a song like this one. It's amazing. I'm sorry I think I need to learn how to describe music better because I'm obviously not doing a very good job. Let's just say I really, really like this song. :)

Ok, I'll stop with four songs. These are on a playlist and I'm playing them over and over. :) I just can't stop. Somewhere Only We Know just makes my toes curl and somehow plasters a goofy, love-sick smile on my face.

Hey, what can I say? I'm a romantic at heart. :)

What song will make your toes curl and put a smile on your face? What song makes you desperately believe in true love? Please Comment and Follow! :D


P.S. Can you tell I really liked this movie? ;D