Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Style Highlights: Emma Roberts

Emma Roberts is an up-and-coming fashionista. I've written about her in numerous posts before and she keeps impressing me with her sophisticated, yet age appropriate, style. She manages to be trendy but look classic and ageless at the same time. I adore her style and I just recently rented one of her older movies, Wild Child, so look forward to a review on my other channel.

Emma Roberts in Zac Posen [left] and Jenny Packham [right].

This look is very different from what Emma normally wears. It's not the pretty sparkly dress with the classic heel--not that there's anything wrong with that look. I adore that look! But Emma decided to pick a sleek tailored pant, architectural heels, and a sheer printed top and I adore this choice. It's more modern woman than girly-girl. Everybody needs a bit of change now and then. Plus, I adore Zac Posen's work. It's genius!

This is more of Emma Robert's norm. She is known to wear a lot of Jenny Packham because that brand is known for high hemlines and lots of shine. Emma looks beautiful in this silver colored mini. She kept her hair natural--almost as if she just rolled out of bed--and the shoes are nude to make her legs appear longer than they actual are. No jewelry and a simple clutch--the look is done! 

Emma Roberts in Julien Macdonald [left] and Christian Dior [right].

I love that electric blue. And the cutouts are so chic. It seems like everyone is wearing cutouts lately. The sheer tights help create continuity and simplicity with a busier print. The lace detailing along the neckline is also so adorable! There really is nothing that I don't love about this look. A+!

While I think Emma looks beautiful in this dress. I do feel like it was made for an older woman. I don't know if its the color or the cut but I think this dress would look STUNNING if it was a different color or if she paired it with an even bolder shoe. I'm glad she went with gold instead of black or grey but it isn't quite there yet. This is more B material. But I love the effort and she doesn't look bad by any stretch of the imagination, it just isn't up to par with other looks I've seen.

Thank you for reading! What looks are you favorite? Hit the comments below. I'll be back tomorrow with another post, like usual. Please check out my second blog and click the follow button to your right!

Photos courtesy of instyle.com